Saturday, August 28, 2010

White.


A clean pair of socks.
A v-neck tee.
Jicama.
Snow.
Converse All-Stars.
Correction Fluid.
Teeth.
White plush bath towels.
A Porcelain mug.
Pearls.
Marshmallows.
Sea salt.
Clean finger nails.
A blank canvas.
Soap Suds.
A cala lily.
My hair.
Frosting.
Coconut flakes.
Paint.
Lace.


White is the color of nothing. White is sexy, subdued, quiet.
It's the color of an open mind; a fuel for ideas and creativity...yet so pristine and exactly perfect. It's sterile, classic, clean. It is me. My life is derived from insane ideas, facets of thoughts and moments, all compiled together, but it is all built on one foundation: white. My life is surrounded with white space. My brain navigates white space and fills in the blank.
I am a dreamer. I am a painter. I am constantly directing myself through white space -- filling it with lines, colors, textures, movements.
I have an obsession with white. Perhaps because of its simplistic nature, starkness, or the reference to light, I find white to be the most interesting color. There are a million variations of white, each able to make a different statement. It's pure. It's perfection.


And, of course, the first day must start with a gorgeous a blank white canvas. It's 36" x 48".


No comments:

Post a Comment