Saturday, August 28, 2010

Beige.


It's soft. Trustworthy. Nearly white...and elegant; The perfect neutral.
It's the color of weathered book pages,
Old wooden spoons.Dirty light switches.
Unbelievably classic. Shockingly boring, yet insanely beautiful. Beige is the richest color of plain.
Burberry Trench coats.
Rice Krispie Treats.
Twine.
Loofah sponges.
Sand.Burlap.
Un-tanned leather.
Oatmeal.
J Crew trousers.
Worn wicker.
Toffee.
Loose powder.
Chunky sweaters.
A 1970's Datsun.
Vintage lace.
Raffia.Cheerios.
My favorite cardigan.
Wheat toast.
Camel coats.
Beige is my color. It seems to explain too much about me: plain Jane, classic, au natural. Beige is organic, healthy, natural, and resonates warmth. At the sight of beige, my body wants to snuggle up in it. Perhaps I love beige so much due to it's closeness to white, or it's rich boring elegance. Whatever it is, I know I cannot get enough of it. It is so versatile and classic, yet always fresh.

This is the beginning of the painting. I started with a thin layer of dripping rusty water.

1 comment:

  1. You write so well! Love it! Would love to see the painting when it's done...love that you started off with rusty water. Interesting concept!

    ReplyDelete