Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sibella Court's ETCETERA etc.


Sibella Court's ETCETERA etc.

This is definitely one of my favorite books. When I first stumbled across it, I was caught breathless. I found another soul as obsessed with color as me! Everything about the book screams to me. Court has a strong grasp of design and executes spaces flawlessly. I love the muted colors, textures, fabrics, displays, objects, artifacts... It's inspiring. Even the pages, the layout and design of the book, the pallate, and the graphics are gorgeous. It shows the creative process of an artist in a really rough and honest way.


I really appreciate her appreciation of objects being art in the their own right. For example she has lined up pieces of different barbed wire simply on a shelf as a texture. Unexpected and truly perfect.

If you have not seen this book yet, you must! It's absolutely divine. Sibella runs The Society Inc, a store in Sydney, Australia. Her shop is more of a gallery, and she changes her palette every three months and re-curates the entire space accordingly. Definitely on my list of places to visit!

1 comment: